Sunday, May 21, 2006

More About Mr. Chows Opening In Tribeca

Its a happenin' saturday night for me...lol...the usual excitement for me is the grocery store. Im waiting in that freakin' line that is slower than molasses in January...bleh. Im paging thru the May 22, 06 Edition of OK Magazine to pass the time, and see a pic of Mickey in there. Damn, he's everywhere these days! Good for him, he deserves to have a bit of fun.

Anyway, the blurb was about the Opening of Mr. Chows in the Tribeca neighborhood of NYC, who was there, what they had for grub yada, yada. For those of ya who are way nosey, this is what the magazine said they had.... champagne, lychee martinis and uncharacteristically for Mr. Chow's, where food is ordered family style, a buffet.

Ok....ummm, maybe Im showing my lack of oooh-lala here, but exactaly WTF does *served family style mean*? Growing up, to me, that meant dad saying ...holy man, holy ghost, the one who eats the fastest gets the most- followed by a free for all. Or, dad saying....over the lips and pass the gums, watch out gullet, here it comes....hmmm...somehow I just cant envision all those high brow celebs engaging in a throw down for who gets the most food, Mr Chow's or no Mr. Chow's, I just cant see it. Maybe Im missing something here...buhahhahaha!!!

Now I for one dunno wtf a lychee martini is, hell Id try it. Champagne? Always good....buffet? Too reminicent of a trough for me, but seeing as how it is Mr. Chow's, Im sure it was top notch all the way.

No comments: