Friday, January 19, 2007

Interesting, very, very interesting!

yes I am back from the dead..lol! naw, Ive just been up to my eyeballs revamping our website! What a challenge, to say the least.
Not to pat myself on the back, but I must say it looks badass! I couldnt have done it without Stephys input. That poor chick listened to me try to work things out so I could understand them for a whole year. Im sure she is glad she doesnt have to listen to any of that anymore (snicker, snicker).

Hmm, what else has been happening? Not surprising, those select few (2) have been throwing out wild, unsubstantiated allegations of Stephy, I and another close friend of ours who runs a fabulous Rourke Wallpaper website, of hacking into her websites and Myspaces. At least thats the word on the street. Silly is a good word that comes to mind, along with immature, idiotic and shallow.

What surprises me the most...no surprise isnt a good word, nothing surprises me about those 2 anymore.. LOL!!!!! Apparently they are trying to run some sort of campaign to try and discredit us or something. Funny though, Ive been told by eye witneses its rather comical the behaviorial patterns people are picking up on and finally noticing about these 2. Stephy calls them Tunas, as do many other people now, kind of a fitting nickname, wouldnt you agree? lmfao
These people that informed me of it, say that, whenever we do something with our website, Myspace page, or our friend with the wallpaper website changes something with her site, the tunas run around bellowing and pointing the finger at us and her about how we hacked the tunas sites, or we said this or that, or we are doing this or that. Coincidental? Nope, I think not, and neither do most of you emailing me.

What do I do about it, nothing really, mostly laugh. I know the truth will come out. People off kilter do demonstrate certain perrsonality traits and like I said, behavioral patterns, and other people are taking notice.

I did contact my old family friend in Chicago. He stated that this whole blasphemy is called internet harrassement. Also, since we have proof of their visiting habits and proof of doctored emails...as in emails of ours that one of them doctored to fit her own needs and purposes, is akin to forgery. I was surprised at that one, email forgery? Yep, you bet. Its a real crime.
I may as well throw in here, that supposedly they are irked I threw out thier isp carriers. Yes carriers. However it sounds as if they need a real lesson in ISP addresses and carriers, but I doubt they know they difference. Actually they dont, judging by the email I was sent. carriers and addresses are 2 different things, but I wont go into that. Im sure they will be scrambeling, searching for info. on that, now that Ive thrown it out here.

However their whole campaign against Stephy and myself, our friend with the wallpapers website, and our website is just silly as I stated before. I for one know, for a fact, I dont visit other Rourke websites or Myspace pages. With the exception of Lashanes Creations, her fabulous wallpaper website is beautiful. That is one website we are affiliated with and visit often. But others, nope. Here and there I will run across a few, but it isnt of the tuna persuasion.

Speaking of their Myspace alleged hacking nightmare. Everyone knows Myspace is constantly getting hacked into. Tom even sends out bulletins about it. The latest hacking craze on Myspace has affected pretty near everyone, so dont feel special tunas.
I sent out a bulletin to our Myspace friends and family, telling them of one of our many experiences with getting hacked into, and this is what Ive observed, along with Tom and countless others...but, since Im feeling nice tonight I figured if their allegations of a hacking nightmare are indeed true, Id give them something to read, and possibly they can fix their problem and stop pointing the finger. I know they dont have any record of me being on their sites, as I stated above, I dont visit them. Im not interested truth be told. No, thats not a diss or a slamming, however, Ive got alot better things to do with my time than sit around day and night surfing the internet. With my own successful business to run, I dont have the time nor energy.

Visit your Myspace page without being signed into it. Do it from a new window. When you view your profile without being signed into it, see if there is an Active X box that comes up. If there is, your profile has been hacked by the same people who hack everyone elses.
To get your profile back to normal....close that window and type in the Myspace address, ya know myspace.com, sign into your account and go to edit profile. In your about me section and the other sections, wherever you put code for, say, your background and things like that, look at it very closely. Go over every word of it. The hackers whom attack everyone on there, on a regular basis, slip code into and attach it to, say picture files, if a person has a movie, or a youtube thing posted, or whatever.

Remove any weird code you find.
Actually your best bet, is to remove everything on the profile and start over again(that is why its good to back up a copy of it on a disk, cuz this happens so much, and who wants to re-build a whole page anyway?)
It happened to me on my personal Myspace many times, and my personal Myspace page is privatized....

Also, if you are on Myspace and surfing around to your friends pages, and you get booted off, and get a sign in screen again, close that, open a new window, again type in myspace.com and go to the main sign in page.

I was once surfing a friends profile, got booted and the other sign in page came up. Wham, I didnt sign in at all, but my personal profile was hacked from just being on that fake/spoof sign in page. Also, always, always, always look at the top of your window in the address bar, on the left. Make double sure it says www.myspace.com. There are a growing number of spoof pages out there, where you dont look to verify the address and wham, the hackers have all your sign i information and then some.

Troublesome and time consuming, oh hell yes. The safest way to go while still enjoying Myspace? yes. A pain in the ass? yes.

Oh, and if you visit someones Myspace page and that active X box comes up, odds are your own profile is now hacked also. Who could forget, do not open suspicious bulletins about ringtones and just odd things that the person on your friends list wouldnt normally post. The hackers love to send out flakey bulletins.

All of the above information is easily accessible via Tom's Blog on Myspace. That is where I 1st read, studied and learned how to protect myself against the rampant hacking on Myspace. It seems as though its become a sport or something on there. But, its a free service and there are so many people on there, what can one expect?

I really hope, if the tunas are being honest in their hacking stories, that they at least take the above steps to protect themselves. Customizing a profile is hard work and a lot of time and energy. Nobody deserves a hacking nightmare, however, it happens to everyone on there.



No comments: