Thursday, February 19, 2009

You've Landed In The Right Realm

Hey Everyone,


I hope you didn't have any problems clicking over here.  Heather and I, appreciate you taking a detour for the next few days. 

 Later today - I've got some news about the Oscars via an insider. This person gave me some insight on how & why (some) Academy members vote the way they do. While he/she - was giving me the lowdown - it was as though he/she was describing a political election.. for example the Presidency. In the way, that folks get all pissed off if a 3rd & 4th party become involved in the election.   It splits the votes .   Alright, since I've already filled you in on some of the process - heres the deal : It's between Mickey Rourke & Sean Penn, however, this person has spoken to some older Academy members - who are voting for Frank Langella (Frost/Nixion) , hence the spliting of the votes for Best Actor, which means, we (couldd) be  looking at a tight race. Let me tell how engrossed people have become in this Best Actor race - fivethirtyeight is a site created by Nate Silver( a policitcal pollster). During the elections he used his knowledge of baseball sabermeterics - to predict the outcome of elections. He's good.  Anywho. LaShane called me tonight to let me know about fivethrityeight, taking a shot at choosing the a winner.  Of couse they make sure to let you know - it's for entertaining purposes only. I bet they won't be saying that shit if some of their chooses win... If you are curious just click the link fivethirtyeight


You may see Heather's name down at the bottom of the blog. We ran into a problem. For some reason my account isn't working and we didn't have time to fool with it.

I'm off...

Ciao
Steph



No comments: